Preschool & Childcare Program Overview
In August of 2012, St. John Preschool expanded to become St. John Preschool & Childcare Center, providing preschool and childcare for children that are 3, 4 and 5 years old! Our quality preschool program provides children with half day (2 1/2 hour) sessions. Childcare can be provided for your child before or after preschool or on days when your child is not in preschool. Childcare is also available to children not enrolled in preschool.
Childcare activities complement the preschool classes and encourage exploration, experimentation and play. Rest time is also part of each afternoon to provide a break from all the fun and busyness of the day. A nutritional breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided.
Childcare is provided: Monday—Friday, 6:30am—6pm.
Preschool classes are from 9-11:30am and 1-3:30pm.
As part of St John Preschool & Childcare, children learn:
- How to be part of a group
- How to share time and things with others
- How to cooperate and negotiate
- How to get their needs met in a socially appropriate manner
- Pre-reading skills
- Print is read left to right and top to bottom
- Exposure to the alphabet and sounds the letters make
- Print has meaning
- Pre-math skills
- Number recognition
- 1:1 correspondence (each object represents one item when counted)
- Self-help skills
- Asking for help
- Taking care of own things
- Being independent