Our Mission- “Inviting and equipping people of all ages to be and become disciples of Jesus Christ”.
A good mission statement answers the question of why an organization or business exists. St John's mission defines the starting point for our ministry as a community. We believe that God has called us to invite and equip people of all ages and backgrounds to be and become disciples of Jesus Christ. And while that is a big task, we know that by grace we are growing in our understanding of what it means to follow Jesus.
Our Vision- “Living and sharing a life changing and passionate faith in Jesus Christ.”
While a mission statement is the place that you start at, a vision statement is the place that we want to end up at as a congregation and as individual followers of Jesus. We are constantly praying, planning, and working together to build a community that is focused on expanding the kingdom of God by inviting and equipping individuals and families to live an authentic faith in Jesus Christ through celebrating God’s love in worship, growing as disciples of Jesus Christ, and living the purposeful life of a disciple.
What we value as a community:
An organization's values define the culture of a community and help them reach their vision for the future.
- Worshiping together- Out of gratitude and joy, we gather together in worship to give thanks, praise, and offer our prayers to God. We believe that worship is the central activity of the community that is lived out when we gather together as a community, and as we live out our daily lives at home, in the work place, and in our communities.
- Being and Becoming- We are a community where growing in our faith and becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ is the work of everyone. We understand we are in a life-long journey of faith, and through the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives we are becoming the people God desires for us to be.
- Discovering and releasing the gifts the Holy Spirit- We are a community called to make a difference in this world for Jesus Christ. We know God has a purpose for our lives, and through discovering, refining, and releasing these gifts we can realize God’s purpose for our lives and this community.
- Celebrating Life Together- We know that we live in a broken world, and by the work of the Holy Spirit, we can build life-giving and authentic relationships where people are encouraged and have a sense of belonging. We are a “community of communities” where we are building authentic spiritual connections, inviting others to celebrate the presence of Jesus Christ in our lives, and realizing the Kingdom of God on this earth.
What we value as individuals within the community:
- Praying daily helps keep us connected with God, allowing us to listen to his guidance.
- Worshiping God by living a life of thanksgiving and praise of God in all aspects of our lives, joining that focus with others weekly.
- Growing in our understanding of who Jesus is and who we are to be as disciples of Jesus Christ by encountering the Bible daily.
- Serving by sharing our gifts for ministry in the work of St John and in the world around us.
- Generosity by giving financial support to the mission of St John.
- Faith filled relationships: building Christ-centered friendships/communities, and mentoring/being mentored in the life of a disciple.
- Inviting others into “living and sharing a life-changing and passionate faith in Jesus Christ.”